You Have To Love What You Do, To Make It Worth Doing!
Hi There! Its me, Bryan. Here are a few fun facts about me...
- What was your favorite camera as a kid?
- I would have to say, and as cheesy as it is, the Polaroid I-zone. It was a fun camera to capture everything and anything. You would pull this narrow piece of film out from the body and stick it on anything.
- What do I like to shoot other than weddings?
- Lighthouses, Nature, Animals, Night life, traveling and taking photos of different cultures.
- What are some of your hobbies outside of taking Photos?
- I enjoy being outside doing fun and adventurous things. Fitness is important to me, keeping my body and spirit healthy and in shape is what I try to achieve. I am a huge fan of traveling, visiting new places, experiencing new cultures and eating their food. I love to garden and to watch them cultivate; Harvesting my own crops and making things fresh- there is nothing better than that, as they say "seed to table". I am a family man and enjoy spending time with the people that I love. I enjoy coming up with new tattoo ideas, watching movies, listening to music, playing soccer, watching baseball & football and going to all sporting events.
- What are you favorite teams?
- Football- The New England Patriots.
- Baseball- Ask me when we are on your amazing photo shoot.
- Who is your favorite Singer?
- I am a Swifty, Yes I'm talking about Taylor Swift. But I enjoy all music genres, especially country.
- What is your favorite movie?
- There is a lot of movies I could say that I love, but The Wizard Of Oz is my all-time favorite.
- What is the most adventurous thing you have done? What is my newest goal in life?
- I went skydiving- twice.
- learning the guitar.
- What is your favorite thing to eat?
- Ice-cream, Cookies and Pizza.
When & Why did I Choose This Profession?
I believe I was given this gift for a reason, when I was younger I always had some sort of camera with me. I had a SLR 35mm, point and shoot 35mm, original polaroid, polaroid I-zone instant pocket camera, a disposable camera and at the moment a DSLR, (D810) and Mirrorless, (Z7II) Nikon camera. I remember when I was in the 8th grade, '98, we went to New York City and Ellis Island on a field trip. On our boat ride to Ellis Island you could see the New York City skyline. It was amazing, specially with the Twin Towers, I didn’t hesitate to snap that fantastic view. Ever since 9/11, I can look back at that photo and remember that moment in time. I can still remember admiring those two huge identical buildings. I believe that photographs are gift from our past selves and I want to share this philosophy with my potential clients. I want my clients to be able to look back and relive that moment, just as I did when I was in the 8th grade.
Where Did The Name B-raps Originate From?
My name, Bryan Raposa. When I was in middle school my friend Stephanie started to call me B-raps. I had many nicknames, but this one stuck out more than others. When deciding to start my own business I didn’t want to be generic like everyone else, I wanted to be different and unique. This is why I decided to name my business, B-raps Studios.
How did you get into Weddings?
My good friend Steve, from high school got engaged right after we graduated in 2004 to a wonderful and beautiful lady, Mae. I had just purchased a professional DSLR and wanted to do their engagement shoot as a present for them. My first ever location session with a professional Nikon camera was at Beavertail, in Jamestown. From that day on I fell in love with capturing people's chemistry together and what makes them a fantastic couple!
Who Inspires Me?
My clients do! Getting amazing reviews from past clients and knowing that my work is being acknowledged and adored. That inspires me to keep doing what I love to do. I feel very humbled when others share my work and want to work with me. For someone to take the time, even if its 2 seconds, to share or show love to my artistic ability is greatly treasured.